******Oklahoma-Colorado Game Thread*****

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Source: SoonerSports.com

Teams: Oklahoma (13-11, 4-6) at Colorado (11-13, 2-8)
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 17
Tip: 8:05 p.m. CST
Site: Boulder, Colo. (Coors Events/Conference Center)
Radio: Sooner Radio Network (KOKC 1520 AM in OKC; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa)
TV: ESPNU
Webcast: ESPN360.com
Series: OU leads 87-48

WEDNESDAY'S GAME BASICS
Oklahoma (13-11 overall, 4-6 Big 12) will go for its first conference road win of the year when it plays at Colorado (11-13, 2-8) Wednesday at 8 p.m. CST. The Sooners, who are 1-6 in true road contests this season (0-5 in Big 12 play), haven’t won away from home since Dec. 12 at Utah. The Buffaloes have lost four straight games and seven of the last eight after a 1-1 league start. They are 10-3 at home on the year. Wednesday’s game will air on the Sooner Radio Network with Bob Barry Sr. and Mike Houck calling the action. It will be televised by ESPNU with Carter Blackburn and LaPhonso Ellis announcing.

PREVIEWING COLORADO
Colorado, 11-13 on the year and 2-8 in Big 12 play, enters Wednesday’s game in a tie with Iowa State for 10th place in the conference race. The Buffaloes, who are 10-3 at home (2-3 in league games), have lost seven of their last eight games (including their last four) after starting the year 10-6. In Big 12 play, CU ranks eighth in scoring offense (70.4 ppg), 11th in scoring defense (76.6 ppg), seventh in field goal percentage (.436), seventh in 3-point field goal percentage (.358) and fourth in free throw percentage (.729).

Junior guard Cory Higgins leads three Buffaloes who average double figures in points. Higgins ranks fifth in the Big 12 with his 18.1 scoring average and adds 3.8 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.0 steals per contest. He is shooting .481 from the field and .839 from the foul line (averages 6.5 attempts per outing). Freshman Alec Burks leads all Big 12 newcomers and ranks eighth among all players with his 16.8 points per game. Burks, who is shooting a league-high .520 from the field, also pulls down a team-high 4.8 rebounds per contest. Junior forward Marcus Relphorde averages 10.4 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game. Relphorde did not play Saturday at Kansas State (knee injury).

Jeff Bzdelik is 32-55 (.368) in his third year as Colorado’s head coach. He’s in his eighth year as a college head coach and is 107-102 (.512).

OU-COLORADO SERIES HISTORY
Oklahoma owns an 87-48 series advantage against Colorado and holds a 12-4 advantage since the Big 12 was formed. The Buffaloes own a 31-26 edge in Boulder and have won three straight there and four of the last five (OU had won 13 of 15 there between 1983 and 1998). Jeff Capel is 3-1 against Colorado as OU’s head coach (lost 72-58 in 2008 in only meeting at Coors Events Center).

Re: OU-Colorado Pregame Notes >>> SoonerSports.com

The Sooners, who are 1-6 in true road contests this season (0-5 in Big 12 play), haven’t won away from home since Dec. 12 at Utah.

That is incredible.

What is Colorado's conference record again? I'm asking for a friend...

If we want to have any chance at salvaging a trip to the NIT out of this season, this is an absolute must win. We can't afford another horrendous loss on our resume. 7-9 in the league might allow us to sneak in considering we would have to win this one and then win 2 out of 3 at home against KSU, Baylor and/or A&M.

Is there a free link for the game, I dont get ESPNU or 360.

Keep an eye on channelsurfing.net Dave, they tend to have free streams.

I don't see it on ESPN360's schedule at the moment

Early reports from the Coors Event center has a man wearing a Longar Longar and Shane Harris Tunks basketball jersey similar to the one worn by Brady Quinn's sister. ;)
20061025-lauraquinn.jpg

I really hope that our guys try to have some fun tonight and play with heart. The thin Boulder air is not going to do us any favors with our restricted bench, but I still think that this team is due for one of those games were the guys start clicking on both ends.

Hope that I am right. :)

Last edited:
I really hope that our guys try to have some fun tonight and play with heart. The thin Boulder air is not going to do us any favors with our restricted bench, but I still think that this team is do for one of those games were the guys start clicking on both ends.

Been thinking the same thing...the exact same thing. So bet the other way LOL.

Does colorado still run a variation of the princeton game. Crock starts at the 4?

I really hope that our guys try to have some fun tonight and play with heart. The thin Boulder air is not going to do us any favors with our restricted bench, but I still think that this team is due for one of those games were the guys start clicking on both ends.

I feel the same way. We should know after the first ten minutes. If OU comes out with a lot of energy and our perimeter shots are falling, I think we'll win this game by at least ten.

That thin Boulder air is a concern, though. And so is Bdzelik's motion offense. Our guys better be focused on D for a change or CU will back door us to death.

We better defend CU's motion better than TT's, or it'll be a long night. That is where this game will be won.

Back