*******OU-Oklahoma State Game Thread*******

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209386566

QUICK PREVIEW
In what should be first Bedlam meeting between AP-ranked teams since 2005 (new rankings will be released Monday), No. 25/25 Oklahoma (16-4, 5-2) hosts No. 11/12 Oklahoma State on Monday at 8 p.m. CT inside Lloyd Noble Center. The Sooners, who are looking for their third win over a top-12 team in six games, are tied for second place in the Big 12, a half game in front of OSU. They won 74-65 at Texas Tech on Saturday. The Cowboys, like OU, have won four of their last five, including Saturday’s 81-75 decision over West Virginia at home.

ON THE AIR
Monday’s contest will air on the Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM "The Franchise" in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Sirius 91; XM 91) with Toby Rowland and Mike Houck calling the action. The game will be televised by ESPN with Brent Musburger, Fran Fraschilla and Holly Rowe announcing.

THE SERIES
Oklahoma has won 11 of the last 17 overall meetings with Oklahoma State and holds a 129-95 all-time series advantage. The Sooners have taken nine straight Bedlam matchups in Norman and 12 of the last 13. The teams split last season (OU won 77-68 at home and lost 84-79 in overtime on the road).

PREVIEWING OKLAHOMA STATE
No. 11/12 Oklahoma State enters Monday’s game at 16-3 overall and 4-2 in Big 12 play (fourth place). The Cowboys are 10-0 at home and 2-2 in true road games, losing by a combined five points at Kansas State (three) and Kansas (two). Their other loss came at the hands of Memphis by five points in Orlando, Fla. In Big 12 play, OSU ranks second in the league in both scoring offense (78.7 ppg) and scoring defense (70.8 ppg), and ranks sixth in field goal percentage (.435), sixth in 3-point field goal percentage (.353) and fifth in free throw percentage (.713). Its +3.7 turnover margin per game leads the conference.

On the season, 2013 Big 12 Player of the Year Marcus Smart ranks fourth in the league in scoring (17.1 ppg), seventh in assists (4.4 apg) and first in steals (2.5 spg). He is shooting .438 from the field, .309 from long range and .733 from the foul line. He is coming off a season-low four-point game against West Virginia after averaging 20.5 the previous four outings. Fellow preseason All-Big 12 pick Markel Brown ranks seventh in the league with his 16.5 points a contest to go along with 5.4 rebounds and 2.8 assists. The senior guard had 15 points and 10 boards Saturday. Senior forward Le’Bryan Nash, who scored a career-high 29 points Saturday, averages 14.1 points and a team-high 6.1 rebounds while shooting .536 from the field. Sophomore Phil Forte averages 12.6 points and leads the league by shooting .470 from long range.

The Cowboys are under the direction of sixth-year head coach Travis Ford (120-66 record).

White out:

1779170_10151948081872005_1159441069_n.jpg

Legooooooooooo! I want to see some #boomerkruger usage on twitter tonight.

Per my buddy, Kruger went over to the student section to pump them up and got a rousing "LON, LON, LON, LON..."

Hell yeah!

Per my buddy, Kruger went over to the student section to pump them up and got a rousing "LON, LON, LON, LON..."

Hell yeah!

:woot

We need rowdy students. I hope the flopper catches boos all night.

Here's hoping for a great crowd. It will be nice seeing the LNC rocking tonight. :OUbball-logo:

Crowd update from those at the game? Students?

This could be a big step for Sooner Basketball. After my class today I went and watched all the 2001-2004 Big 12 tournament games/finals we played/won, and I'm fricken pumped for this year and the future. Take us to the promised land Krugs!

Back