Game Thread OU @ #2 Baylor 8pm CST ESPN2

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
NORMAN – Coming off a win over No. 9 West Virginia, RV/RV Oklahoma (6-2, 2-1 Big 12) continues its stretch of opening 2021 with three straight top-10 opponents by heading to Waco for a Wednesday night matchup with No. 2/2 Baylor (9-0, 2-0 Big 12).

The Sooners and Bears are the top two highest-scoring teams in the Big 12, but in order to pull off an upset Oklahoma will need to rely on a strong defensive performance. Baylor is second in the country in scoring with an average of 92.9 points per game while shooting it at a 51.6% clip. The Bears are off to a 9-0 start, winning by a nation-leading scoring margin of 30.3 points.

https://soonersports.com/news/2021/1/5/mens-basketball-oklahoma-takes-on-no-2-baylor-in-waco.aspx

BU -11.5 O/U 151.5

hate moral victories but if we can keep it within 10 I'll be ok. Then at ku...ugh

I think if we want to be taken seriously as anything more than a bubble team, we need to win one of these next two.

I look forward to ku!

I'd be a little more relaxed...if I could be...if it was in Norman. Yeah, ut beat the crap out of them...but ut might be pretty good. Apparantly those voting think so.

I think if we want to be taken seriously as anything more than a bubble team, we need to win one of these next two.

Wow. There probably aren’t more than a few teams in America that could reasonably be expected to split a pair of road games against top 5 teams. If that’s your standard, pretty much every team in the country is just a bubble team.

here we go...a 3, a back-door and offensive foul and clank by Manek...not a great start...but we'll see

guess steverocks...got his wish, Reaves not running "point" as in bringing ball up

Nice to see us run. That might be our best opportunity based on how they are crashing the offensive boards. They are going to make it tough for us to get shots.

Hope Manek is Ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be getting ugly faster than I’d hoped.

Wow. There probably aren’t more than a few teams in America that could reasonably be expected to split a pair of road games against top 5 teams. If that’s your standard, pretty much every team in the country is just a bubble team.

This isn’t a great KU team; and sure if we lose both of these games and then win all of the games against the middle ground teams we will be fine. But chances are we will do what we’ve done traditionally and split games with the likes of Tech, WVU, OSU, etc..We don’t have any sort of non con to fall back on this year; so if we wind up in the .500 range in conference without any REALLY great wins, then yes, I think that’s the definition of a bubble team.

This isn’t a great KU team; and sure if we lose both of these games and then win all of the games against the middle ground teams we will be fine. But chances are we will do what we’ve done traditionally and split games with the likes of Tech, WVU, OSU, etc..We don’t have any sort of non con to fall back on this year; so if we wind up in the .500 range in conference without any REALLY great wins, then yes, I think that’s the definition of a bubble team.

lambardi...or however ya spell it ...says we are first 4 out. Didn't even make the 64 or play in game. FWIW...yes, it's early.

This is getting ugly early. Not good on either end.

Baylor will only get beat when they play poor (in big 12)

Our dribble around offense is not going to work against them. But nice to see D get a few takeaways. We need more of that.

Back