OU @ #5 texas 1pm CST on ESPN+

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1626952876697296898?s=20[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Oklahoma travels to Austin, Texas, for a Saturday matchup against No. 6/5 Texas. Tip is at 1 p.m. inside Moody Center.

Saturday's game against the Longhorns will be broadcast on ESPN+ with Rich Hollenberg and Chris Spatola on the call. Fans may also listen on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/...-hoops-set-for-saturday-clash-at-no-6-5-texas

OU +10.5 o/u 142.5

If you’re still playing the math game, I think OU is likely to be inside the bubble entering B12 Tourney if they finish 7-11 in conference. That means they need to win 4/5 to close season. Also means they have only one more loss margin for error.

I’d put their odds of going 4-1 somewhere below 5%; not sure if even term it a long shot— it’s longer than that. If they could somehow win today though the path suddenly becomes much more realistic. That said, I have very little hope today. Thinking MAYBE they can perform similar to at Baylor— somewhat competitive, but not close late. I do think there is also a chance we get our doors blown off.

This is by far the most difficult game left on OU's schedule, and it isn't even close. I would have probably pegged this as the most difficult to win at the beginning of the year, too. If OU somehow beat the less than one percent odds to win this game, I would be completely and totally shocked, ecstatic, and then probably expect us to go 4-1. It would show we can and probably should. But even if OU and Texas both pulled Alabamas(UT playing well below their capability) the MO of this team is to lay an egg the next game, so really, nevermind. OU wins games against good opponents when they shoot lights out. They don't have the talent, physical toughness, athletic ability or consistency in any one thing to lean on in an average or below average shooting game, to win against a good opponent. It is what it is.

I almost feel sorry for Tanner and Jacob, and a few others in a game like this. They will fight their guts out(hopefully), but just aren't near good enough to compete on this stage. Hey, at least they can tell their grandkids they played in the Big 12 when it was the best conference!

Anybody remember what UT was ranked when we used to beat Texas in Austin with Buddy Buckets? I think we might have more than once..

Biggest euro step ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Refs making an early statement. We are playing Ok sans that last bad pass from Uzan.

Very interesting officiating. Not what we are used to seeing in Big 12

Bad defensive team on the floor for us right now. Well bad offensively too for that matter

Bad defensive team on the floor for us right now. Well bad offensively too for that matter

So, you’re saying just bad…lol. Ya, it’s a nice start, but horns have stepped it up defensively and we are starting to panic

Oweh bit on the shot fake and then fouled on a (made) layup.

That'll be good film to learn from.

I suspect the officiating will start to be one sided

Bam with the nice steal followed by a terrible shot. Almost like turning it back over to them

Joe Bam is so nutso man, lol.

Good basket. Steals the ball. Terrible shot selection.

Watching him is like being on a roller coaster. If he ever figures it out, he could be a really good addition. Hasn't happened completely yet, though.

Bijan turnover (or failure to catch) turns into 2 points for Texas.

Announcers are already giving Texas the win. Guess I can’t blame them.

Back