OU vs Sam Houston 7pm CST on ESPN+

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1589641407513624576?s=20&t=Ry6GpP5saTBepBeVJUwskw[/TWEET]

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/11/5/mens-basketball-mens-hoops-opens-season-against-sam-houston

NORMAN – Oklahoma men's basketball opens the 2022-23 regular season on Monday, Nov. 7 at 7 p.m. against Sam Houston at Lloyd Noble Center.

Oklahoma has won all five meetings against the Bearkats and have won its last 19 season openers dating back to the 2003-04 season.

In Oklahoma's lone exhibition, the Sooners hosted Oklahoma City, earning the 89-53 victory. Grant Sherfield led the Sooners with a team-high 14 points and four assists. Tanner Groves tallied a double-double, finishing with 12 points and a team-best 11 rebounds. Freshmen Milos Uzan and Otega Oweh each finished with 11 points.

Seven Sooners made their first appearance in the Crimson and Cream in the exhibition.

OU -16.5 O/U 130.5

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_Athletics/status/1589362112010539009?s=20&t=j5Bed7VaAi9dkHSuHo6sDw[/TWEET]

Last edited:
I'll be watching both games, but I wish I could be at LNC in person.

What is everyone most interested in seeing tonight? I mainly want to see whether the improved athleticism in the backcourt is as noticeable as I hope it to be. The new guards are much more athletic than Harkless, Gibson, and Goldwire, but since three of them are freshman, will they actually be able to get that athleticism into the game, or will that take a while as they learn the college game? Also, will we be much better at creating shots late in the shot clock? That was a huge problem last season -- Mo's size made it hard for him to create, and all too often our possessions ended with Harkless dribbling his way into a turnover. I heard Moser on the radio this morning say that he is also emphasizing turning defense into offense and really pushing the ball off turnovers. Coaches say that a lot this time of year, but will it actually happen?

Fewer turnovers sits atop my wish list, and by a wide margin.

Who gets the most minutes. I know Moser will probably start the same lineup. Even though he's not close to narrowing down the rotation, OU has alot of guys that can seemingly play. Like has been said, more athleticism, better scoring, better ball handling. I want to see us hold Sam with our defense and i'm ready to see some dynamic playmaking. I agree with Manzer the other night I think Moser squeezed everything he could out of the team last year, seems like alot more to squeeze this year. Also how the big man rotation shakes out. Heard good things about Northweather, but Godwin looks more than serviceable and the Missouri guy is a beast.

I want to see Northweather. Is he a workable option this year physically.

As an addendum, some wise ones on here have said at this time of year, everyone looks like they can play. And they are right. I want to see who the Big 12 caliber players are. I guess we won't know for awhile, but if some of these guys can dominate low level competition like you would expect, that would be a good sign.

Like pnkranger said...physically. Godwin looks like he can play, but that was OCU. He seems kind of thin, how would he hold up against the specimens in the Big 12? Having a couple of bigs who could play physical and rebound could take us a long way, with the guards we appear to have.

LFG Sooners! This is going to be a great year! Let’s start it off right!

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1589784884079628288[/TWEET]

Yikes. That was an ugly sequence on the boards. Cmon man

Seeing what I expected so far. Great effort but not very polished yet. Mostly worried about who can score against Big 12 D. I expect a lot of close games this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing what I expected so far. Great effort but not very polished yet. Mostly worried about who can score against Big 12 D. I expect a lot of close games this season.

I think at some point you will see high pick/roll with grant and Tanner as the offense

Watching the exhibition and tonight makes me think Godwin could be a help off bench.

I hate early games. Ugly play.

Offense isn't clicking yet but the defense has looked solid.

We look really sloppy. What is Hill's deal?

Ugly basketball. Offense is horrible and we already have 10-11 turnovers. Good grief.

Back