+++++++OU-OSU Game Thread+++++++

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209953092

QUICK PREVIEW
Winner of nine of its last 11 games, No. 15/14 Oklahoma (21-9 overall, 12-6 Big 12) is the No. 3 seed in this year's Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship, to be played Wednesday through Saturday at Sprint Center in Kansas City. Kansas, Iowa State, OU, Baylor, West Virginia and Oklahoma State are the top six seeds, respectively, and earned a first-round bye.

OU will begin its quest for a fourth Big 12 tournament title Thursday at 8 p.m. CT against Oklahoma State (18-12, 8-10). If the Sooners win Thursday, they will play a semifinals contest Friday at 8 p.m. Saturday's title game will start at 5 p.m.

ON THE AIR
All of OU's Big 12 Championship games will air on the Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM; KTBZ AM 1430 in Tulsa; Sirius/XM 84 on Thursday) with Toby Rowland and Mike Houck calling the action. Thursday's OU-OSU contest will be televised by ESPNU with Dave Flemming, Miles Simon and Holly Rowe announcing.

Big 12 TOURNAMENT
Oklahoma sports a 20-15 (.571) Big 12 Championship record, good for the third best winning percentage among current league members. It has won at least one tournament game in 11 of the event's 18 years, but is winless in the last three. OU's three tournament titles (2001, 2002 and 2003) are the second most, behind Kansas' nine. The Sooners have played in five of the 18 Big 12 title games. OU's conference tourney history is on pages 113-115 of this year's media guide.

THE SERIES
Oklahoma has won six of its last seven and 15 of the last 22 overall meetings against Oklahoma State, and holds a 133-95 all-time series advantage. The Sooners, who have posted five regular season sweeps of the Cowboys in the last 10 years (two straight), posted three-game sweeps in 1966, 1973 and 1985, and four-game sweeps in 1916 and 1919. OU is 1-4 against OSU in conference postseason play (won 116-91 in 1985 Big Eight quarterfinals, lost 74-58 in 1995 Big Eight semifinals, lost 60-57 in 1999 Big 12 quarterfinals, lost 71-70 in 2009 Big 12 quarterfinals and lost 81-67 in 2010 Big 12 first round).

PREVIEWING OKLAHOMA STATE
Picked by Big 12 coaches to finish eighth in the league, Oklahoma State (18-12, 8-10) finished in a three-way tie for sixth place with Kansas State and Texas. The Cowboys, who started league play 7-5 but went 1-5 afterward, are 6-8 away from home (2-0 in neutral site games). In Big 12 play, OSU averaged 64.1 points a game (ranked seventh in league) on .434 field goal shooting (fourth), .374 3-point shooting (fourth) and .760 free throw shooting (first). They allowed Big 12 opponents 64.3 points a game (ranked fourth) on .422 shooting from the floor (fifth) and .359 shooting from long distance (sixth).

OSU boasts the Big 12's second- and third-leading scorers in senior forward Le'Bryan Nash and junior guard Phil Forte, the only Cowboys who average in double figures. Nash averages 16.8 points on .458 field goal and .793 free throw shooting while also grabbing 5.4 rebounds a contest. Nash leads the league with his 7.0 free throw attempts per game. He averaged 13.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.5 turnovers against OU this year while shooting .393 from the field. Forte averages 15.5 points a game and ranks fifth in the Big 12 with his .406 3-point percentage and third with his 2.3 treys a contest. Against OU this year, he averaged 13.0 points on .389 field goal and .125 (1 for 8) 3-point shooting. Senior point guard Anthony Hickey, a transfer from LSU, averages 9.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, a team-high 3.5 assists and a league-high 2.0 steals. Over the last five games, Hickey is averaging 13.2 points on .558 field goal and .640 (16 for 25) 3-point shooting.

Re: Big 12 Tournament: OU-OSU Pregame Notes

Wednesday's Practice at Rockhurst HS. Sweet little high school gym:

B_1bwPIVAAElVpQ.jpg

That's an awfully nice high school gym.

No joke! The seats on the sides look a lot more comfortable than most of the high school gyms I have been in over the years. I don't even go to many games anymore my back and butt hurt so much.

Lots of $$$ at that school and good recruiting as well. Much more of a football tradition though.

B_3NCECUYAAhK2C.jpg

That photo seems to prove that Spangler is about 6'5'' or 6'6''.

That photo seems to prove that Spangler is about 6'5'' or 6'6''.

So would that mean that Buddy and Cousins are probably 6'1 or 6'2. I have talked with all 3 together at different times and Ryan is a good 3" taller, possibly more towrds 3 1/2" taller. Just wandering

So would that mean that Buddy and Cousins are probably 6'1 or 6'2. I have talked with all 3 together at different times and Ryan is a good 3" taller, possibly more towrds 3 1/2" taller. Just wandering

In that photo Cousins looks about 6'4'' and Spangler is 1-2 inches taller.

In that photo Cousins looks about 6'4'' and Spangler is 1-2 inches taller.

Spangler is around 6'6 I stood next to him a practice and my buddy told me I was about two inches shorter and I am 6'4"., I was a little taller than buddy and cousins

Spangler is around 6'6 I stood next to him a practice and my buddy told me I was about two inches shorter and I am 6'4"., I was a little taller than buddy and cousins

I guess that actually makes you about 6-3 and Buddy and Cousins both about 6-2. We all know, everyone exaggerates when listing their height. :ez-laugh:

I guess that actually makes you about 6-3 and Buddy and Cousins both about 6-2. We all know, everyone exaggerates when listing their height. :ez-laugh:

no, im actually 6'4, was listed at 6'6 as an athlete

Anybody think OU should be ready for a different OSU team?

It seems to me that Newberry and the guy off the bench (Carroll) have really picked them up since the last time OU played them....:confused:

I just want our first post-season win in WAY too long. Beat the Aggies.

Back