OU vs #19 BYU 7pm CST on ESPN+ 2 Dollar Concessions (Popcorn Beer Soda)

Great win...I was pretty uncertain, to say the least, at halftime. And our FT woes appear to be resolved....at least for one game at least.

Big shout out to Los. Way more aggressive this game than he has been in the past. Found his spots in the midrange and took and made 3s he would have normally passed up. And the most impressive part, he controlled the game in the PnR.

A terrific win for our Sooners. I won't lie--I was very frustrated in the first half. Our offense was sluggish and our defense was not up to par, either. It felt a bit miraculous that we were tied at the half.

But the second half was a different story. The guys defended and rebounded with more energy and grit and they picked the pace up on offense. And we hit our free throws down the stretch. Once the Sooners built a built a lead, they kept BYU at arm's length the rest of the way.

I will say this for BYU: When they hit a 3-pointer, it's a thing of beauty. I don't think any of their made deep shots even touched the rim.

And going forward, can we somehow manage to get from Hugley what they get from Traore?

Back