#23 OU @ UCF 3pm CST on ESPN+

It was fun while it lasted. But we won't be ranked the rest of the year. I posted in the KU game thread when we were #9, that we were vastly overrated and i was corrected that we were at least top 25. Welp

We are what we are....it's not enjoyable to watch us pretty much get run out of the gym by a bottom 4 team in the conference....and not even really being competitive. But as to the bigger picture, I'm so sick of watching mediocre-ass basketball. And before you say we are 16-6, 12 or 13 of those wins are against bad to really bad teams (nine of our wins are against Q-4 opponents). But coach will explain how the guys are upset in the locker room and we are going to go to work/come out and play better blah blah blah....I would just rather him not say anything.

And if you think we are done with the type of performance on display today....you probably need to think again, I'm sure we have a few more of these turds to roll out there before conference is over. Again, it is who we are. Now I still expect to make the tournament and that is an improvement, but I see the same mistakes for a third year in a row in conference (albeit with better athletes this year) and thus, I think our ceiling is always going to be limited.

Well, being ranked was fun while it lasted, at least the women's team is ranked

The starters, outside of Soares, no-showed. Godwin was God-awful. McCollum didn't have any juice. Uzan just isn't improving as much as you'd like.

Whatever their routine is, they need some kind of reset. BYU, OSU, and Baylor are winnable games (also losable, lol). I don't have any faith in them going 3-0 pre-KU, though.

I'm not firing Moser (overreacting) but it is getting a little annoying with some of these duds. 5th loss now by 9+. You're going to lose games in the B12 (and against UNC in non-con) but no-showing is horrible.

nobody on this team is a go-to player and no one seems to want to step up and take it. The other thing that bothers me about Moser right now is the lack of fundamentals this team plays with. At Loyola he had to win with guys who lacked athleticism but made up for it by being fundamentally sound where has that development been?

This team is weak and folds whenever they get punched in the mouth. It’s gonna be difficult to win 4 more games. Probably only get to 18 or 19 wins.
I would agree they are not winning four more games. I think the new ceiling is 19 wins in regular season and then they’ll need a win or two in the conference tourney. I’m not going to make predictions on whether that will happen or not but I would say unlikely.

If you look at it from the UCF perspective, they just got a quality win against a Top 25 team that will be an NCAA Tournament team. We view it as a sign of impending doom or mediocrity, but they are likely viewing it as a great win for their resume.

Both of those thoughts can't be true.

nobody on this team is a go-to player and no one seems to want to step up and take it. The other thing that bothers me about Moser right now is the lack of fundamentals this team plays with. At Loyola he had to win with guys who lacked athleticism but made up for it by being fundamentally sound where has that development been?Y u
nobody on this team is a go-to player and no one seems to want to step up and take it. The other thing that bothers me about Moser right now is the lack of fundamentals this team plays with. At Loyola he had to win with guys who lacked athleticism but made up for it by being fundamentally sound where has that development been?
I think lack of development speaks to entire coaching staff. Now obviously the buck stops with Moser but I wonder if he had better assistants at Loyola or something.

If you look at it from the UCF perspective, they just got a quality win against a Top 25 team that will be an NCAA Tournament team. We view it as a soon of impending doom or mediocrity, but they are likely viewing it as a great win for their resume.

Well we may not make the tournament at this rate

If you look at it from the UCF perspective, they just got a quality win against a Top 25 team that will be an NCAA Tournament team. We view it as a sign of impending doom or mediocrity, but they are likely viewing it as a great win for their resume.

I dont think were a shoe-in to make the tourney... id give a 40% chance, if that

This team is similar to Baker's buccaneers team this year. The D would play amazingly and then the O would suck. Baker lit up the texans, then the D gave up a TD under 0:40 secs in the 4th to lose. The difference is they clicked at the end and punched a playoff ticket. I dont think we have it in us. We wont steal any remaining games and will likely blow some

I don't view it as impending doom, but more along the lines of reality setting in as to what type of team we actually have. I'm glad we had success in non-con, but again in reality, there was some fools gold there. This is a nice team, but that's about it....sort of reminds me of Lon's last several teams that made the tournament as a 9ish seed.

We need 4 more wins to get to 8-10 in conference and feel safe, but I'm not sure where those 4 wins are coming from....maybe BYU, OSUx2, and Cincy? With this team's inconsistencies and warts, I just don't have the confidence in them right now to say we are winning four or more with our remaining schedule.

The starters, outside of Soares, no-showed. Godwin was God-awful. McCollum didn't have any juice. Uzan just isn't improving as much as you'd like.

Whatever their routine is, they need some kind of reset. BYU, OSU, and Baylor are winnable games (also losable, lol). I don't have any faith in them going 3-0 pre-KU, though.

I'm not firing Moser (overreacting) but it is getting a little annoying with some of these duds. 5th loss now by 9+. You're going to lose games in the B12 (and against UNC in non-con) but no-showing is horrible.

Very sensible post. Keep posting them please!!! 😁

We just finished the first half of the schedule. It was clearly the easier half. We are under .500, only have one win against the top half of the league, already have two home losses, and get our butts handed to us the first few minutes of almost every game. We are letting a top 50 recruit rot on the pine. Our bell and player movement sucks. I love the Moser era!

I think lack of development speaks to entire coaching staff. Now obviously the buck stops with Moser but I wonder if he had better assistants at Loyola or something.
He has had about 20 assistants at OU due to stupid hiring decisions. But he also played awful teams at Loyola and got hot twice in March. He’s otherwise had a very pedestrian career.

Back